Throughout the week of March 7th, 2016, Barletta Heavy Division (BHD), MassDOT’s contractor for the Route 128 Add-a-Lane Bridge V project, will continue construction operations. Work will be performed project-wide during the standard working hours of 7:00AM to 3:00PM.
- At Kendrick Street, work will continue on the new bridge and on/off ramps, focusing on the construction of the retaining and abutment walls.
- At the proposed ramp from Kendrick St. to I-95 NB (K1), work will consist of continued forming and prep work for the bridge deck.
- At Highland Avenue, Verizon will be conducting utilities work. Erosion blankets will be installed along Highland Avenue for erosion and sedimentation control. Topsoil removal will be conducted in the median south of Highland.
- At Central Avenue, prepping work will be conducted for concrete placements.
- At Route 9, work will continue on the I-95 bridges, focusing on the center pier and wall installation.
- At the mainline, clearing and grubbing work will take place on the southbound shoulder south of Kendrick Street and along the northbound shoulder between Central Avenue and Route 9. Pre-drilling work will take place at the ledge outcropping.
BHD will be closing lanes during off-peak hours to continue construction of all bridges. Lane closures are permitted and are necessary to create a safe work zone; drivers are asked to be aware of possible lane closures for their own safety and that of the project team. Please also note that all work is contingent upon the weather.
For more information about the project, visit the website at MassDOT Update.
In response to community requests, a graphic providing a key for identifying the various ramp designations, origins and destinations associated with the project’s completed configuration has been added to the project website.