Throughout the week of February 22nd, 2016, Barletta Heavy Division (BHD), MassDOT’s contractor for the Route 128 Add-a-Lane Bridge V project, will continue construction operations. Work will be performed project-wide during both the standard working hours of 7:00AM to 3:00PM and during the third shift work hours of 7:00PM to 5:00AM.
- At Kendrick Street, work throughout the week will continue construction of the new bridge and on/off ramps and retaining walls. Work will focus on forming and reinforcing the new bridge abutments and center pier.
- At the proposed ramp from Kendrick St. to I-95 NB (K1 Ramp), work will consist of continued forming and prep work for the bridge deck.
- At Highland Avenue, Verizon will be conducting utilities work.
- At Central Avenue, work will be conducted during both the day and night shifts as needed to pour the Central Avenue arch.
- At Route 9, work will consist of continued installation of the H-piles, which will provide deep foundational support for the I-95 bridges.
BHD will be closing lanes during off-peak hours to continue construction of all bridges. Lane closures are permitted and are necessary to create a safe work zone; drivers are asked to be aware of possible lane closures for their own safety and that of the project team. Please also note that all work is contingent upon the weather.
For more information about the project, visit the website at MassDOT Update.