Throughout the week of May 16th, 2016, Barletta Heavy Division (BHD), MassDOT’s contractor for the Route 128 Add-a-Lane Bridge V project, will continue construction operations. Work will be performed project-wide during the standard working hours of 7:00AM to 3:00PM.
The week of the 16th also includes third shift work between the hours of 7:00PM and 5:00AM at the I-95 Mainline.
- At Kendrick Street, work will consist of installation of traffic conduits, retaining walls, and wall barriers, as well as forming and reinforcing bridge sidewalks, barriers, approach slabs and walls. Backfill on wall moment slabs and relocation of the temporary barrier will be completed. Deck curing will continue during the week covered by this look-ahead, continuing through the weekend to ensure correct curing of the concrete bridge deck.
- At Highland Avenue, NSTAR communication installation, excavation and construction of a detention basin will occur throughout the week. Deck curing will continue through the first half of the week.
- At Central Avenue and the Railroad Bridge, work will consist of backfill and removal of lagging.
- At Route 9, forming and reinforcing of pier footing, as well as placing wall leveling pads and loading out ledge will occur. Work will also consist of installation of plantings at the Route 9 mitigation area.
- On the I-95 mainline, night work will consist of installation of drainage crossings.
BHD will be closing lanes during off-peak hours to continue construction of all bridges. Lane closures are permitted and are necessary to create a safe work zone; drivers are asked to be aware of possible lane closures for their own safety and that of the project team. Please also note that all work is contingent upon the weather.
For more information about the project, visit the website at MassDOT Update.
In response to community requests, a graphic providing a key for identifying the various ramp designations, origins and destinations associated with the project’s completed configuration has been added to the project website.