Throughout the week of May 9th, 2016, Barletta Heavy Division (BHD), MassDOT’s contractor for the Route 128 Add-a-Lane Bridge V project, will continue construction operations. Work will be performed project-wide during the standard working hours of 7:00AM to 3:00PM.
The week of the 2nd also includes third shift work between the hours of 7:00PM and 5:00AM at the I-90 Mainline and Central Avenue.
- At Kendrick Street, work will consist of installation of traffic conduits, retaining walls, and utility duct banks. Pouring of the Kendrick Street deck will occur on Tuesday May 10th, and deck curing will begin Wednesday May 11th and continue for two weeks, including low impact work, ensuring correct curing of the concrete bridge deck, continuing through the weekends.
- At Highland Avenue, NSTAR communication installation, excavation of the northern wetland mitigation area, and deck curing will occur throughout the week.
- At Central Avenue and the Railroad Bridge, night work will consist of stripping arch formwork.
- At Route 9, paving of Ramp W3 (I-95 Northbound to Route 9 Westbound) will occur on Monday May 9th. Excavation of walls and center pier footing, as well as installing loam at the ledge cut and chipping drill shafts will occur. Work will also consist of installation of plantings at the Route 9 mitigation area.
- On the I-95 mainline, night work will consist of installation of drainage crossings.
BHD will be closing lanes during off-peak hours to continue construction of all bridges. Lane closures are permitted and are necessary to create a safe work zone; drivers are asked to be aware of possible lane closures for their own safety and that of the project team. Please also note that all work is contingent upon the weather.
For more information about the project, visit the website at MassDOT Update.
In response to community requests, a graphic providing a key for identifying the various ramp designations, origins and destinations associated with the project’s completed configuration has been added to the project website.