Throughout the week of April 25th, 2016, Barletta Heavy Division (BHD), MassDOT’s contractor for the Route 128 Add-a-Lane Bridge V project, will continue construction operations. Work will be performed project-wide during the standard working hours of 7:00AM to 3:00PM.
The week of the 25th also includes third shift work between the hours of 7:00PM and 5:00AM at Highland Ave and Route 9.
- At Kendrick Street, work will consist of installation of retaining walls, deck reinforcing, and utilities. On April 27th and 28th, mast arm foundations will be installed.
- On Monday through Thursday, April 25th through 28th, night work at Highland Avenue will consist of stripping topsoil in the median south of Highland. The deck will be poured during the week covered by this look-ahead.
- At Central Avenue and the Railroad Bridge, reinforcing of the second Central Avenue Arch will occur.
- At Route 9, work will consist of excavation of Ramp W2 (I-95 Northbound to Route 9 Westbound), footing and pile cap forming and reinforcing, and chipping of drilled shafts. Additionally, installation of the North abutment wall, precast abutments, and dense and fine grade at Ramp W3 (I-95 Northbound to Route 9 Westbound) will occur. Night work will be conducted from Monday, April 25th through Thursday, April 28th for installation of Ramp W3 drainage along Route 9.
- On the I-95 mainline, plantings will be installed at the offsite mitigation area. Work will continue pre-splitting ledge along the northbound shoulder.
BHD will be closing lanes during off-peak hours to continue construction of all bridges. Lane closures are permitted and are necessary to create a safe work zone; drivers are asked to be aware of possible lane closures for their own safety and that of the project team. Please also note that all work is contingent upon the weather.
For more information about the project, visit the website at MassDOT Updates.
In response to community requests, a graphic providing a key for identifying the various ramp designations, origins and destinations associated with the project’s completed configuration has been added to the project website.