Add-A-Lane Contract V along a Section of Interstate 95 Includes 6 Bridges
Saturday, October 10th, 2015
On Saturday, October 10th, 2015, Barletta Heavy Division (BHD), MassDOT’s contractor for the Route 128 Add-a-Lane Bridge V project will conduct a weekend operation on Kendrick Street. Conducting this operation on a Saturday is a project requirement to minimize the impacted number of commuters.
Beginning at 7:00AM and continuing through 7:00PM, members of the project team will shut off the existing water main on the Kendrick Street Bridge and connect the main on the new section of bridge constructed over this summer to the abutting water infrastructure.
To ensure the safety of workers conducting the switch-over and the traveling public, the following temporary traffic control measures will be implemented during the above-referenced time period:
- Kendrick Street southbound (towards Needham) between 3rd Street and Hunting Road will be reduced to a single travel lane.
- Kendrick Street northbound (towards Newton) will be closed to traffic between Hunting Road and 3rd Street. Traffic will::
- Turn left on Hunting Road and proceed to Highland Avenue;
- Turn right on Highland Avenue crossing above I-95 (Route 128);
- Turn right on 2nd Avenue, just before the Panera Bread café;
- Proceed on 2nd Avenue and make a right on 4th Avenue (note that 2nd Avenue merges into 4th Avenue); and,
- Proceed on 4th Avenue to Kendrick Street.
Throughout this operation, a handful of abutters will have their water service temporarily suspended. If the temporary suspension will impact your property, you will receive notification directly from Barletta Heavy Division in the form of a hand delivered notice. When service is restored, you may see a slight discoloration in your water. While this water is safe to drink, we recommend running the taps in your home until the water runs clear.
For more information about the project, visit the MassDOT website.