I am writing in regards to the Eversource Vegetation Management activities in the Town of Needham. With regard to the discussion and agreements from the meeting held on October 5, 2015 and subsequent written correspondence this letter represents current concerns.
- Eversource agreed to share the abutter notification log, including calls and complaints in accordance with the Department of Public Utilities (DPU) regulation (220 CMR 22.03). We still await this log and request a copy to be forwarded to the Town and Legislative Delegation.
- The DPU ruled that mailed notification sent to homeowners from contracted companies did not comply with regulation (220 CMR 22). Eversource has now issued written notification to some homeowners; however, we await notification to the remaining homeowners via first class mail.
- According to our records, every homeowner that has requested a meeting with an Eversource representative has scheduled a time to meet. We note this commitment by Eversource and we look forward to the homeowners’ feedback. We will continue to monitor any requests.
- The gate between 371 Great Plain Avenue and the adjoining MBTA property has been left open on multiple occasions. We received notice from Needham residents that the gate was left open on October 8th and October 24th and then remained open for several days .The open gate poses a safety risk for individuals, particularly children that now have easy access to train tracks and dangerous work equipment.
- As discussed in the meeting on October 5, 2015, Eversource had agreed to issue written documentation of mitigation negotiations. Mitigation plans have been agreed upon between homeowners and Eversource senior arborist, Bill Hayes, during meetings at homeowners’ properties. We expect that Eversource will provide written documentation of these agreements to the homeowners.
I look forward to knowing that these issues will be addressed in a timely manner. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Yours in service,
Denise C. Garlick